Grants & Community Development
The Foundation For A Vibrant Economy
Innovative people and businesses are attracted to communities with cultural amenities, lifestyle diversity, lively downtown areas, green space and trails, good medical facilities, a collaborative environment, strong infrastructure, excellent educational opportunities, and a well-trained workforce.
The Community Development division of Big Sky EDA works with a variety of groups to build the foundation for a desirable quality of life supported by basic infrastructure and services, as well as attractive cultural and recreational opportunities. Community Development personnel frequently identify opportunities for cooperative efforts among appropriate community partners in and around Billings, Montana.
How are community projects funded?
- Loans (money that must be paid back)
- Grants (financial support given upfront or on a reimbursable basis)
- Fees for services or program income
- Local taxing or bonding options
- Contributions and corporate or private investment dollars
Where can you search for funding sources?
Need statistics to support your grant application?
Starting a new nonprofit entity or looking to strengthen your organization?
Please explore these helpful sites:
- United Way of Yellowstone County
- Small Business Administration
- Society for Nonprofit Organizations
- Internet Nonprofit Center
- Montana Nonprofit Association
How can Big Sky EDA help with your project?
Big Sky EDA's community development team will meet with your entity to learn about your project and organizational goals, will share its knowledge about making projects successful, and will suggest resources and possible collaboration partners. Big Sky EDA charges a fixed per-hour rate for grant development and writing services. For more information or to schedule a no-cost intake session with Big Sky EDA’s community development team, please call 406-256-6871, or contact by e-mail.