- This event has passed.
MetraPark Entryway: Virtual Open House
January 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Project Introduction and Background
This project is to create a vision and creative design solution for the beautification of the perimeter of the MetraPark fairgrounds. The design will highlight the importance of the fairgrounds to the community and its location as a welcoming gateway into the City of Billings.
The study area for the project is frontage along 1st Avenue North from the Yellowstone River to Main Street and along Main Street to Bench Boulevard.
This Entry Beautification project is just one component of the overall MetraPark Master Plan that is currently under design.
- Improve aesthetics with new fencing, landscape, entry gateways, and signage.
- Improve functional access into the fairgrounds from adjacent roads.
- Improve pedestrian and bicycle travel around the perimeter.
- Create a vibrant visual gateway to the City.
- Revitalize the south and west perimeter of the fairgrounds by addressing:
- Streetscape – sidewalks, planting, fencing
- Lighting – consistent with EBURD
- Gateway – signage, planting, branding
- Entries into the fairgrounds – visibility, security, wayfinding
At this time, the project includes planning and preliminary design. Final design and construction will occur in the future.
Master Plan Concept: Sanderson Stewart