Member Investor Program
In 2002, Big Sky Economic Development Corporation [EDC] was launched with the recruitment of the first Member Investors. The corporation allows for private business participation in recruitment and retention efforts; access to investment capital; and specified lending programs. The business sector is also critical in influencing government economic policies.
You are investing in the business health of our region.
We work diligently to use the resources you provide wisely in our continuous effort to develop innovative tools to ensure our community’s success. Your participation will directly help the Billings regional economy move forward with a solid future by helping build strong businesses, which in turn create high-quality jobs. Your investment is fostering the growth and diversity of our region’s economic foundation.
Your company gains exposure.
By joining Big Sky EDC, your business will be promoted through EDC marketing materials, programs and networking. Your voice will be heard at quarterly forums, the only platform available to business people where the cost of health insurance, wrongful discharge and worker training issues will become calls for action and resolve.
Programs and Goals
Your time is valued. At Big Sky EDC, we make certain each gathering has a purpose and an outcome. As a member of Big Sky EDC, a non-profit corporation, you will have a stake in the EDC’s programs and goals:
- New business recruitment
- Retaining and expanding existing local businesses (the BEAR program)
- Financial incentives for growing businesses
- Small business financing
- Removing barriers to good business
Quarterly Gatherings – A Forum for Business
The time you invest is up to you. There are quarterly meetings focused on industry topics impacting your productivity and profitability, an annual gathering to brief you on the business scene at the state, county and national level. Electronic newsletters, timely emails and a monthly bulletin will keep you on the inside track of new developments.
As you have received no gifts or services in response to your private sector contribution to Big Sky Economic Development Corporation, your contribution is fully tax deductible (Tax ID #22-3880639), as allowed by law.
Member Investor Benefits
Building a diverse, sustainable economy requires the involvement of private enterprise – both its experience and its expertise. As you consider membership within our organization, we would invite you to consider these questions:
- Does your business benefit when other businesses in our community grow?
- Does your business believe in an investment that will net future community growth?
- Do you believe there needs to be a community organization leading our area’s economic development efforts?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we would like to invite you to be a partner with us as we facilitate the retention and expansion of existing business and the recruitment of primary sector businesses that support our community and quality of life. We need community-minded partners like you and can’t do it alone!
Benefits of Membership
- Investment in the community’s economic development program – helping to grow ALL businesses in Billings
- Business logo with narrative on website
- Member recognition on social media sites
- New Member Investor recognition in e-newsletter and Facebook page
- Member recognition at Annual Meeting
- Quarterly members-only forums
- Featuring information relevant to the business community
- Complimentary to attend
- Committee participation (as needed)
- E-communication highlighting a Member Investor in each issue
- Business briefing to the EDA/EDC board of directors
- Opportunity to participate in business leaders roundtable forum and business mentoring program
- Participation in new business recruitment
- Referral incentives for providing business recruitment leads
- Opportunity to include commercial property listings free of charge on recruitment website
- Members-only meet and greet social with companies relocating to Billings
- Eligible to serve on the board of directors