Big Sky Economic Development News

Latest Headlines

Mar 12, 2021America Rescue Plan Act – Small Business Assistance Components

America Rescue Plan Act – Small Business Assistance Components Details below: Full release HERE. Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – an existing program offering loans to small businesses which are forgivable if at least 60 percent of the money is used for payroll expenses. The other 40 percent may be used for mortgage interest, rent, utilities, more

Mar 01, 2021Inside Experience: As BSED’s Intern During COVID-19

By: Karli Baker | Marketing Intern Big Sky Economic Development is a powerful resource for growing our region’s economy and improving quality of life, as well as providing tools for business creation, new business recruitment, and community development. For over 30 years we’ve seen what “Building Remarkable” looks like. During a global pandemic, however, we more

Feb 23, 2021Medical school proposes Billings campus

Billings Montana – February 22, 2021 – Rocky Vista University (RVU) announced today that it has selected Billings, Montana as the proposed site for development of a four-year medical school – the first of its kind in the state of Montana. Billings was selected after an extensive location search by RVU to continue its mission-led more

BSED Renovation

Early Notice for Bid Release CLICK HERE for more information!

Feb 22, 2021Micro-Purchases on a Credit Card– A Business Opportunity for Your Company?

By: Deanna Langman | Montana PTAC Program Manager According to the Small Business Administration (SBA), about 70 percent of all federal agency procurement transactions are for routine, lower value products/services known as micro-purchases. The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) was recently updated to reflect the new, federal “micro-purchase threshold” of $10,000. Micro-purchases can be made on more

Feb 15, 2021Benefits of Using the SBA 504 Loan Program

By: Brandon Berger | Director of Business Finance What is the SBA 504 Loan program, and how can one utilize it?  Well if you are a small business owner looking to acquire, construct or renovate a commercial building for your business, this is a loan program you should know about!  Not only can it be more

Feb 08, 2021What is Space2Place?

By: Thom MacLean | Project Manager, Community Development Department What is Space2Place? Space2Place is a placemaking grant program started by Big Sky Economic Development in 2018. We based it on a simple premise:  A space is a void. A place is a destination. How can we help our community transform empty spaces into vibrant places? more

Economic Outlook 2021 | Yellowstone County Perspective

“This is the crazy/right time”—How the pandemic exposed opportunities for community and economic growth. Steve Arveschoug is the Executive Director of Big Sky Economic Development, a public/private partnership leading community and economic development for the Billing region. He has served in that role for a dozen years, while also serving on the MEDA Board of more

Feb 02, 2021What to Expect at Montana’s 67th Legislative Session

By: Austin Trunkle | Business Outreach & Economic Policy Project Manager Montana’s 67th legislative session officially kicked-off on January 4th, 2021. This session promises to be one for the history books as our lawmakers grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges it poses to our system of government.   The pandemic is not the more